Friday, July 29, 2011

NYC foodie Adventures Part I

One of my sole purposed to go NYC was for the food. I mean come on, how can you not? With the help of Pink from www.xppinkxx.com, she gave me some guidance on the joints and places to visit. Since she is the ultimate foodie I know, that girl can EAT! So I made my way through the list.

First stop,
Totto Ramen
366 West 52nd StreeT
Rating: 5/5


A literal Hole in the Wall.
Our waiter even wrote our order in Japanese... it was hard to tell if he wrote the right stuff down or not.
Spicy Vegetable ramen
Chicken Ramen. This broth was just so CREAMY and delicious!!

Laut
15 E 17th Street
Rating: 3.5/5
Comparable to my other post HERE. CLICK ME

This place was good, just unbelievably expensive for what it offers. Being a Malaysian, I love me my share of Malay/Singaporean/thai food. I was ecstatic to find this. I've tried Penang in Vegas before and that was just unbelievable.

Storefront
The roti canai was SHAMEFUL. No roti canai's are ever think and crispy. Unless we're talking about tosai or paratha. This was just AWFUL. However, I do give kudos to the curry. If the they used the same roti from Hawkers (link at the top ^) this would blow my mind
The curry puff was also sub-par. but good enough to curb a craving
The coconut rice was just to DIE FOR
The Chicken Rendang was very Nyona like, delicious, but HELLA EXPENSIVE for what it is.

East Japanese
366 3rd Ave, New York
Rating: 4/5

We had met up with a friend from NYC here. The wait was long, but it was worth it. We had went on a tuesday which happens to be salmon tuesday = my fav.

The conveyor belt sushi concept is my fave. I've already been to a couple in South East Asia, but none yet in the US. So this was exciting. Even more exciting to share it with friends who've never even heard of this concept ever before.
I always start with a wakame salad
Food is priced by the color of the plate. For example, white: $1.50, pink: $2.00 and so on. For example, a white plate u can usually find california roll, tuna rolls. And on the pink ones some Nigiri... and quality also goes up as u go up in price
A great ending with some red bean mochi ice cream =D

Will post part 2 soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment