Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Words can't even explain

I moved out of my parents' house since I was 18, and that was 6 years ago. I see my family usually twice a year and that is when I gain the most poundage in my body. I'm part asian (but I look hawaiian) so I miss a lot of food from my mom's kitchen. I have passed several "possible" worthy areas. One in Vegas, one in LA, one in Boston but never one in FL. I thought I'd give it another try by perusing on Yelp and see if I could try my luck.

Low and behold.... (I thought I was gna pee my pants when I saw this finally opened in Orlando)

Hawkers Street Fare - N Mills Ave, Orlando
Everything on the menu was hawker style food. From Malaysian, Singaporean, Vietnamese, Hokkien and so many more. Everything on the menu was either $8 or lower. So I indulged! Trust me... after 6 years and finally finding something like this, I was AMAZED! Only thing missing is boba :(

Curry Laksa/Kari Mee -$6
Roti Canai - $3
Roast Duck Banh Mi - $6
Mee Goreng - $6
For my Florida visitors/readers and future visitors.... DEFINITELY give this place a try. Heck... even call me and I'd Happily give you directions for it.

great... now I'm hungry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment