Saturday, July 30, 2011

NYC foodie Adventures Part II

Le petite abeille (The little bee)
6th and 17th NYC
Rating: 5/5

I am a sucker for Liege waffles. I just love how dense, thick and rich they are. it is so hard to find a true belgian waffle. This waffle needs no toppings or anything. Just great by itself. I yelped for belgian waffles and this and another food truck came up, but I just love the name so I decided to give it a try.
The decor was tres chic and it was covered with TinTin comics all over the walls!!
AH-MAZING waffles. You can see the pearl sugar as soon as you break the waffles. That's when you know it's good.

Kati Roll
6th and 39th, NYC
Rating 3.5/5

We wanted a mid morning snack (like we need any more food right??) Well for the Indian part in me and my bff, we found this place called The Kati Roll. What it is, is that they roll wither parathas or roti's with potato curry filling. Kinda like an Indian taquito. It was DELISH. I couldn't even take pics because I totally devoured it before I could even.

Eataly
Union Square NYC
Rating: 3/5

This was again Pink's recommendation. This is Mario Batali's creations. It is basically a JUMBO gourmet italian food store with a bunch of kiosks on the inside to try desserts, cheese, meats etc.
This would be their bread section. I was in HEAVEN.
We tried the onion foccacia. I am not a huge fan of onions, but damn this was worth it :) There were other kiosks and I wanted to try them all but the crowd was just too full and we just wanted to get out of there without dying

The City Bakery
6th and 18th NYC
Rating 5/5
Now let me tell you. The Hot and cold chocolate is something UNBELIEVABLE. It was as if someone melted a chocolate bar and placed a straw in it. Perfect for us females during that time of the month ya know? Also the taste of the chocolate even lingered in the back of my throat for about an hour later. That was how rich it was
They also had a GREAT selection of baked goods. The chocolates drinks were already rich enough so we only decided to try the vegan choc chip cookie without it being too much of an overkill. That was delicious too

Did I make you hungry?

1 comment: