Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Again, with this item, I had to mull over and over about having to spend the money for it. I kept thinking I could never justify paying the amount for something that is a tinted moisturizer. I mean, I used to make it on my own by mixing my favorite facial sunscreen with a foundation. But after reading many reviews and looking at youtube raves, I decided to jump the gun.

In my opinion...... WORTH THE MONEY.

Why??? Here's a couple of reasons:
  • For a tinted moisturizer... it gave me flawless coverage. I don't need much to begin with but it made my skin look like butter!
  • It is easy for shade matching for many skin tones. I would love to have the Sonia Kashuk TM at Target, but none matched my shade. Then again, neither do any Revlon foundies.
  • When it says Oil-free, IT MEANS IT. My skin doesn't feel heavy or oily even after 8 hours of wearing it! With the humidity in Florida, this is a gem!
  • Because it is a TM, the texture of my skin has improved! I still use my Nars and MUFE foundies at night but this is slowly becoming my day staple.
Cons:
  • I wish more product came in it. I mean if you need more coverage you can always add on more, but I just wish there were more in it.
  • No more cons!! it's that GREAT!
Application:
  • I usually place it on the back of my hand to warm it up and either apply it on with a BeautyBlender or my Sigma F80 brush. Depends on my mood and what is clean I guess...
  • I always use my body shop mattifying day cream as a base
  • I finish it off with Amazing Cosmetics Velvet powder on top.
  • Voila!
Excuse my scaly and overly tanned skin... I have been out kayaking so many times this week and the sun and saltwater is making me look extra scale-y.

Glides smoothly
Blends perfectly!!

Definitely a 5/5 and worth every penny!

1 comment:

  1. i think this will fit my oily face..
    thanks for reviewing dear ;)

    ReplyDelete